Full Taper and Polished Forks
Physical Characteristics and Options
Tapered forks are a type of forklift fork that are designed to provide enhanced stability and balance when lifting heavy loads. The tapering design means that the width of the fork decreases gradually from the top to the bottom, which ensures that the weight is distributed evenly along the length of the fork. This creates a more stable and secure lifting platform, which reduces the risk of damage to the load or the forklift.
These forks are typically made from high-strength steel or other durable materials to withstand heavy loads and harsh working conditions. They may also have a slight chamfer on the top interior and exterior edges to prevent product creasing. Tapered forks are a popular choice for businesses that require a reliable and durable solution for heavy lifting applications. They offer excellent stability, balance, and maneuverability, which makes them a valuable asset for any warehouse or industrial operation.
- One long taper starts from the bend of the fork to the tip. Most FTP forks are tapered on the bottom side of the blade.
- Custom FTP forks can have the top tapered, or in some cases, have both the top and the bottom tapering to a very fine tip.
- The top interior and exterior edges have a slight chamfer to prevent product creasing.
- The top fork in this image shows an FTP fork. Notice the taper moves from the bend of the fork all the way to the tip. The lower fork in this image shows a standard taper. Notice the taper only affects the first 1/3 of the fork.
- Most FTP forks will have to top surface of the blade polished, creating a smooth, slick surface. This prevents friction damage on products susceptible to surface marring like drywall sheets.
- FTP forks can also be ordered without the polished surface.
Tapered forks are a popular choice for businesses that require a reliable and durable solution for heavy lifting applications. The tapering design of the fork allows for even distribution of weight and greater stability, which reduces the risk of damage to the load or the forklift.
- The standard tip is thinner than standard tapered forks, typically about 1/4″.
- Tips can have rounded or squared-off corners.
- Chisel tips, for very tight entry, are available. Chisel tips have the last 3 or 4 inches of the blade ground to a thin tip, typically about 1/8″ thickness. Care should be taken when ordering chisel tips as they can be easily chipped and damaged.
Custom sizes and lengths in FTP forks are available upon request. Give us a call!
*We have the ability to do custom work
If a full taper and polished fork isn't what you are looking for then please refer to our other fork options such as our block fork and blank forks. If need assistance in finding the proper fork for your next project then please contact us, we would be thrilled to help you find what the right work for you!
Full Taper Stocking Sizes
|Cross Section||Capacity||42||48||60||72||Stocking ITA Class|
1Only available in class 2.
2These sizes are available as class 3 or 4 as well as shaft mounted.
3Standard sizes and high back available.